Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6, 2017


Dear Family and Friends,

We had an amazing week. We found lots of new investigators. We also found a family that has great potential to be baptized. This week, we had stake conference and President Williams spoke. He spoke about the importance of daily scripture study. He said reading the scriptures is like reading Gods Journal. President gave our district permision to go see the big musuem in Lambayeque. It was so cool. We paid for a guide to tell us about the history of ancient Northern Peru. It was really interesting. She talked about the plan of salvation and how the ancient tribes here believed in life after death. Much of the history was similar to the Book of Mormon. Us missionaries were smiling the entire time. Its hard to believe that I am on the last week of my mission. I have so many mixed emotions about ending the mission but I'm happy for a new chapter in my life. Before the mission everyone told me that you don't go on a mission for "you." You go on a mission to serve others and share the gospel. That is a very true statement, but I feel like serving a mission was the absolute best thing I could do for me, Dallin Goold. I learned how amazing God's plan is for his children. I saw the faces of people light up to hear the simple truths of the doctrine. I felt the spirit strongly listening to someone pray for the first time. I even cried when someone I loved didn't come to church. Serving the Peruvian people for the last two years has given me a small taste of true happiness. I know God loves us. I can't wait to see him again someday. I pray that I may see some slightly darker faces in heaven too. I love Peru. I know God exists and I'm so greatful for the atoning sacrifice of my savior Jesus Christ. He is the Prince of Peace. Sometimes, I just don't know how I could ever repay what Christ did for me, but I'm sure going to try. I'm going to do it one day at a time. "Those that loose their life for my sake shall find it." 


                           Love Elder Goold



No comments:

Post a Comment