Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a little bitter-sweet. We had a zone meeting in Jaen, which was excellent. We also had TWO baptisms! I am so happy! Nicol and Joel both got baptized this week. They are so amazing and have great testimonies of the gospel. It took us two days trying to heat up the baptismal font with boiling water. It never did work too well, but the baptism still was a success. We had lots of people show up to support the new converts of the church.

While we were in the church cleaning up, President Williams called me. We talked for a little bit and he personally let me know that I had a change. I felt honored to be called personally by President Williams about changes because that doesn't happen to often. He expressed how happy he was with the work we have done here in Chacha. He also let me know that it was my time to go. It was heart breaking to leave my small mountain town of Chachapoyas. The people and members I will remember for the rest of my life. It was six months of so much personal growth for me. I love the people so much. Leaving Sunday, I was just speechless. I hope someday in the future, I might be able to go back to my small Chachapoyas town.

Today, I am in Jaen and will be traveling to Chiclayo this afternoon. I will be going to Campilonico in the Latina Zone. This will be my last area of my mission! That is so crazy, it has gone by way to fast. Saying goodbye to Elder Johnson is going to be hard today. I would say we are closer to being brothers than just good friends. I know this work is truly the work of salvation. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I invite everyone to watch the new pascua(Easter) video. I can feel the spirit so strong every time I watch it. I can't wait to work hard in my new area. I pray that God might bless me just a little bit more, so I can go home wet:)  
              

Love Elder Goold



No comments:

Post a Comment