Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 - Area #7 in Campilonico in the Latina Zone

 Dear Family and Friends,

What a crazy week. First off, we got stuck in a mudslide again. On our way to Chiclayo our bus driver decided to go four-wheeling. It was awesome. On the down side, it took forever to get the bus unstuck. We finally pulled the bus out with a big tractor. It was an experience I will never forget.

t was sad to leave Chacha but I am adjusting well in Chiclayo. My companion is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. His name is Elder Arredondo. We are getting along fine. We both go home the same time, which is interesting. We have a district of eight people here in Latina. Everyone has 20 months or more on the mission, wow! I forgot how hot Chiclayo is. I really like our pension. She has two small boys that I am training to be the first national champion Peruvian wrestlers. I want to take them home with me.

It is so nice to be in a ward. I have been serving in a branch for the last year of my mission. Frequently, I felt so overwhelmed trying to run these small branches. Here in this ward of Campodonico, we have so many leaders. It’s so nice just to worry about being a missionary and not a branch president. We have an amazing ward mission leader and ward missionaries. Three of them are expecting mission calls in the upcoming weeks. I'm happy to be here to serve and serve a little more.    


Elder Goold




No comments:

Post a Comment